Vicuña is the most important city and the heart of the Elqui Valley - located at 5 minutes driving distance of ElquiTerra. Here you find all basic services like banks, gas stations, supermarkets, shops, handicraft market, restaurants and ATMs. The main attractions are:
- Observatories (touristic ones and scientific ones) like Mamalluca, Tololo, Cancana, Pangue.
- A visit of one of the “pisqueras” (pisco distilleries) - including tasting the products - is a very unique experience. The most famous are Capel, Aba, Mistral, Los Nichos.
- In Vicuña exists the museum of Gabriela Mistral (Chilean nobel prize winner of literature), which shows the important milestones of her life.
- In the village of Montegrande you can visit her house (also with a little museum) and nearby her mausoleum.
- At only 5 minutes driving distance from ElquiTerra, in the village of Villaseca, are the famous "Solar stoves", restaurants preparing the food with solar stoves, an unforgettable experience.
- In the village of Diaguitas, you can visit “Guayacán”, a small beer brewery where you can also taste their products.